How You Can Help
Compiled from the 14th. Edition of the Save Albert Park Publications list, November, 2003.
(The full publications list is available at the Save Albert Park office.)
These are listed in reverse numerical order, so that in most cases, more recent publications are listed first, although after 30 June 1995 revised publications are numbered so that they follow the original document, e.g. the first revision of 35 is listed as 35/2, the second as 35/3 etc. A recent revision may therefore appear towards the end of the list.
Abbreviations and symbols: n.d.: no date ca.: circa (about) [ ] : information in square brackets does not appear on the publication itself but has been obtained, usually, from the author.
96. Smith, Colin. An argument about numbers at the Melbourne Formula 1 Grand Prix."When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Sign of the Four 1890. I dedicate this eccentric work to the counters of Save Albert Park. [SAP], June, 2003. 122pp. including three appendices and one folding plate.
95. Albert Park 1996-2003: photographs showing the impact of the annual staging of the Australian Grand Prix in Albert Park. Save Albert Park Inc., June, 2003. 54 coloured photographs on 27pp., including front cover.
94. Parkwatch post-race report on the 2000 Australian Formula One Grand Prix. 16 February, 2001. 14pp. Including 2pp. coloured photographs. Also one 'reference map' after p.14. (Post-race report no.5.)
93. Birdlife in Albert Park since 1995. 10 May, 2002. 2pp. Grand Prix Factsheet.
91. Smith, Colin. The 'Save Albert Park' counts of attendance at the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix 1997-2003:a report of our reasons, methods, calculations, conclusions and vindication. Main text and seven appendices. [SAP], June, 2003. Main text 69 unnumbered pages; plus 7 appendices in 62 unnumbered pages. Tables, graphs, illustrations.
89. Smith, Colin. The 'Save Albert Park' counts of attendance at the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix 1997-2000:a report of our reasons, methods, data, calculations and conclusions with comparisons of AGPC (Australian Grand Prix Corporation) figures. Main text and appendices. [SAP], May 2000. Main text 27 unnumbered pages; appendices 36 unnumbered pages, including 28 pages of tables and graphs.
88. Parkwatch post-race report on the 1999 Australian Formula One Grand Prix. 31 January, 2000. 19pp. including 4pp. coloured photographs.
86. Parkwatch post-race report on the 1998 Australian Formula One Grand Prix. 15 December, 1998. 24 pp. including 5 pp. coloured photographs and a map.
85. 2006? 8 more years of Grand Prix fibs and flops? 8 July, 1998. 1 p.
84/8. Costs of the Grand Prix in Albert Park to the taxpayer. [Rev.] 10 June, 2002. 2 pp.
83. Impact of the Grand Prix on sport in Albert Park. 15 February, 1998. 2pp.
82. Post-race report 19 December 1997. 19 January, 1997. 35pp. including 8pp. coloured photographs, a map + 13 unnumbered pps. of supporting documents, some obtained under FOI.
81/3. Grand Prix secrets: what we are not told. 10 March, 2001. 2pp.
80/2. Tobacco promotion and the Grand Prix in Albert Park. [Rev.] 31 August, 1998. 2pp.
79. The supposed benefits of the Grand Prix: fallacies and facts. 2 January, 1997. 2pp.
77/7. The Grand Prix: a flawed major events strategy. [Rev.] 15 December, 1998. 2pp.
70. Post-race report 30 June, 1996. 14 July, 1996. 23 pp.
69/4. Save Albert Park Campaign: a timeline. [Rev. May,1999] 4pp.
68. Trees and the Grand Prix in Albert Park. 20 June, 1996. 2pp.
64/5. Costs of 'upgrading' Albert Park for the Grand Prix. [Rev.] 20 November, 1997
58/4. The Albert Park Grand Prix issue. [Rev.] 20 February, 1997. 2pp.
52. Save Albert Park. Response to Melbourne Parks and Waterways proposed Albert Park environmental management plan, July 1995. 20 September, 1995. 20pp. (Reference only).
50. Park values versus motor racing in Albert Park. 10 September, 1995. 2pp.
49/5. Why is "Save Albert Park" still protesting about the Grand Prix? [Rev.] 10 March, 1998. 2pp.
47/2. The Grand Prix and birdlife in Albert Park. [Rev.] 20 September, 2pp.
43/14. Save Albert Park. Publications list. 14th. Edition. November 2003. 19pp.
39/4. Formula One Grand Prix Circuits. [Rev.] 10 January, 2001. 2pp.
35/2. Australian Grand Prix Act 1994. [Rev.] 5 July, 1995. 2pp.
33/3. Impact of the Grand Prix on Albert Park. [Rev] 5 February, 1998. 2pp.
32/5. Costs of an Albert Park Grand Prix. [Rev.] 10 July, 1999. 2pp.
31/2. Grand Prix versus park users in Albert Park. [Rev.] 16 December 1998. 2pp.
29. The history of Albert Park. 28 February, 1995. 2pp.
26/4. Tourism and the Australian Grand Prix. [Rev.] 12 November, 1998. 2pp.
22/5. Construction of a Formula One Grand Prix motor race circuit in Albert Park Reserve, Melbourne, Australia.[Rev.] 15 September 1997. 4pp.
12. Submission to Melbourne Parks and Waterways re (their) final proposed strategy plan circa 26 May 1994. June, 1994. 13pp. + appendix 16pp.
11. Newsletter. Issue 1- , May, 1994 - (Issued monthly)Top of this page
© 1995 - 2009 Save Albert Park ; permission to copy is given provided this copyright notice is reproduced in full
Postal Address: PO Box 1300, South Melbourne DC, Victoria, Australia 3205
Telephone: 61 3 9690 3855 ; Fax: 61 3 9690 3544
Email: SAP (email@example.com) ; you may encrypt email sent to us - click here or contact us for more information